Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ethan is sick AGAIN!

I am so over this sick season. Ethan has been sick FOUR times. Two of those he has had ear infections in BOTH ears and bronchitis. YUCK! Leave us along bugs! Doctor appointment today. We will see what it is this time.

On a much HAPPIER note, I will be papercrafting today. (Really no different than any other day). I will be making ALL of the decorations for Tyler's birthday party on Saturday. I can't believe he will be 10. His father and I were teasing him that we were just going to keep him at 9 so that we didn't get any older. He simply asked if he was still getting gifts. I had to ask him FIVE times to write out a birthday wishlist and he came up with "Nothing" as his wish list. I asked him why he didn't write anything down and he said that he wrote the word "nothing" down... (hahaha) SmartA$$! Definately gets his humor from his father!

So the theme for the party is SPACE! He loves astronomy and got a telescope from SANTA (hehe) for Christmas. He has used it a few times. He gets the Astronomy magazine every month and is always talking about our solar system. I have learned a lot from him!

I will be using the "Out of this World" SVG file collection from SVGCuts. I just love their files. They released a new set last week called "Waterfall Cards". I am going to incorporate the space into a waterfall card for him! He will love it. When I was making a birthday card for his teacher he asked if I was going to make him one. I love that he cherishes everything I make them. I have kind of dug myself a hole by doing this tho. Sometimes, I just DON'T want to make a cake or decorations, or cards for that matter. I suggested us going to a theme park this year instead of a party, he has had some PARTIES!, and he still asked if I was going to make the cake. :) This makes me happy. I have made everyone of their birthday cakes. I think homemade tastes better. I make them from scratch, no boxes of cake or frosting. Yes from scratch.

Last year for Ethan's birthday I tackled making marshmallow fondant, messy but pretty! It was a three layer cake, Toy Story theme. NEVER AGAIN... three days of work and no room for food in the fridge. Yes... I threw out good food just to store this cake... that is crazy!

So anyway... Off to papercraft... I will post pics later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment