Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Retro Affair

When I saw the dress maker file, I though right away a retro skirt on that would be cute. So that's what I set out to do! 

DT Sonja here bringing you this cute dress from one of the newest files, Just Sew.
 To start with, I did the stand, then the body, and then the dress portion. For the skirt, I simply took the dimensions of the middle portion (waste reinforcement without the tabs on it) and inserted it into a circle. 

 To get the ripple effects on the skirt, I took a round took and molded/shaped the bottom of the circle until I was happy with the flow. 
 I felt that under the skirt a small addition of lace would tie in with the lace belt and flower. 

 The back of the dress
 All in all, the completed project stands about 16 1/2" tall. 

Materials Used: 
SVG Attic 'JGW Just Sew' file: 
JGW Just Sew
DCWV 11 x 17 Premium Stack 'Heirloom Cardstock'
Silhouette Cameo
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
Scotch ATG Gun


2 comments: