Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Spring Cards with Tracy

I don't know about you but I am ready for spring!
Tracy here with the Idea Closet. A couple weeks ago, in Utah, we got a little teaser  of beautiful spring weather... and then yesterday I was shoveling sidewalks again.
Yep I am ready for warm weather and flowers poking their heads up in my garden.
For today's post  I decided to make some spring cards


I had some beautiful paper by Bo Bunny: Butterfly Kisses, that was perfect for the cards.  The paper is kind of a watercolor floral design and it also included some very pretty stickers.
For the first two cards I used the JGW Beautiful Blooms kit.

JGW Beautiful Bloom



The first card has lots of layers so I didn't really change anything about it.  I did add an inset panel to the front of the card but everything else is just as it is designed to be.
I love the little swirly leaf.
Add some thin twine to the button center and ink up the edges to give this card a very soft look.



Next is the Easel Card.  Jodi has easy to follow instructions here.  This isn't as hard as it looks.
On the tag I replaced the original heart with one of the pretty stickers I had in the paper kit.



The last card is not in the Beautiful Bloom kit but is also one of Jodi's designs and can be found on the Silhouette store.
I omitted the original flower centers and went with the paper buttons again.
I also added another sticker from the paper collection.

I am so happy with all of the cards.
I may only see snow outside my window, but with these cards I can share some beautiful flowers with my close friends.

3 comments:

  1. These cards are all so beautiful! It really makes me even more anxious for Spring to get here :)

    ReplyDelete