Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Easter Basket with Beth

I have been so eager for spring to be here and it finally is!  So for today's project, I couldn't help but make an Easter basket filled with goodies.
The file I used for the basket itself is from the Charmingly Green set at SVG Attic and I used the shamrock bowl.  All I did was take the shamrocks out of the cutting files so the sides of my basket were blank.  I also added two handles on it simply by cutting two pieces of green cardstock at .75"x6" and adhering them to the inside of the basket.
On the sides I made a white circle that was 2.25" tall and embossed it with my Swiss Dots embossing folder.  I popped those up with pop dots.  Then I used the chick and bunny peeps from the Easter Fun set and sized them to fit nicely in the circle.
I cut one chick and one bunny out of each color of cardstock, added chalk ink, doodle dots and even a white felt circle for the bunny tails :)
 Here is a close up of one of the sides.
 Last I added 5 buttons to each of the handles just to add a little more character and finished it off with a beautiful bow of rumpled ribbon and a tag with a stamped sentiment.
 I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Beth
Beth's Beauties

2 comments: