Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Flourished Cross Easter Card with Beth

I know that Easter is right around the corner.  For some reason, I haven't been in the card-making spirit very recently, but I know I need to make Easter cards for my family.  I decided to make a card using a technique that I have loved ever since seeing it online in many places, but haven't created it yet myself.  The sunburst/starburst technique.  I also try to make religious Easter cards to reflect the true meaning of Easter.

For my card, I decided to go with an understated elegant look.  I struggle with that sometimes since I love to embellish so much!  But for this card I didn't want to take away from the scene I created by adding too many embellishments.
The focal point of the card is a gorgeous flourished cross that is from SVG Attic.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for this card.  Plus the set of 3 flourished crosses is only $0.99, what an awesome deal!  I created a blackout shadow of it in my cutting software and cut them with the shadow being 3" tall.  For the sunburst background, I took random patterned papers in the yellow/orange/burgundy hues to mimic a sunrise.  If you are not familiar with how to make that, you can use THIS tutorial that I used.  To add to the background focal point, I hand cut a yellow semi-circle of cardstock to look like the sun.  I also inked the edges of my papers with brown chalk ink to add definition.
To finish it off, I added white rumpled ribbon, a stamped sentiment and three white enamel dots that I made myself out of mini pony beads.  I simply preheated my oven to 375 degrees, added parchment paper to a metal pan and placed the beads, hole facing up on the paper.  I baked them for 25 minutes and they turned out so perfect :)

If you haven't seen the Easter kits that SVG Attic has released lately, you are missing out!  Here are the pictures and links to them so you can go see them in detail.

             3D Eggs                                          Hop To It


Have a wonderfully crafty day!

Beth
Beth's Beauties

5 comments: