Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Springtime in the Netherlands

.....I can only imagine it. All those tulips! And windmills....and water channels. I was lucky to visit close to Amsterdam this winter but I would really love to go now to see all of the gorgeous signs of Spring.
Well....I can't go because I can't afford it but I can bring a little bit of the Netherlands into my living room with this next project I made from SnapDragon Snippets. The files are also available in the Silhouette Design Store.
(just used the tulips and leaves)
 

This cutie is made from AC Cardstock in Caramel, Cotton Candy, Banana, Rosebud, Apricot, Vanilla, Cranberry, Mulberry, Boysenberry, Lemon, Olive, Spinach and Mustard. It is decorated with wood patterned cardstock in Kraft also from AC and Graphic 45s Floral Shoppe.
The shoe I kept in the original size but the tulips are downsized by 50%.

I used wooden skewers as stems and attached the flower heads and the leaves with floral tape. Then I added some flower foam and Spanish Moss into the shoe and stuck in the tulips and the leaves.
It is so easy to make - a bit time consuming with all the tulips, but it's really not that bad.
All edges are inked with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink Pads from Prima.
I am so pleased with how this turned out.

I hope you like it too - tell me in a comment please and thanks for joining me today.
New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I absolutely love that you combined the shoe and the tulips. Perfect spring arrangement!

    ReplyDelete