Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Tropical Paradise


…...is where I just returned from two days ago. 

Hello to you and Happy Sunday. I'm trying to rest from our fabulous Summer Vacation to the Balearic Islands in Spain - more specific Mallorca. Ahhhh it was fun and HOT.

I've tried to recreate the feeling in this project I'm about to show you. I'm starting to long back just looking at it - sigh.

First I made the Pineapple Box from SVGAttic's JGW Tropical Haven kit:


I used AC Cardstock in Lemon, Canary, Squash, Moss, Leaf and Pine and inked all the edges with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink. I also used 72 mini glitter brads for the scales.

Such a fun project but time consuming due to the scales on the Pineapple.

The Pineapple is a box and the lid lifts off and then…..


…..it doubles as a drink - Mmmmmm Piña Colada.

The Parasol Straw Slider is part of the cute JGW Tiki Luau kit from SVGAttic and features two more cute sliders.....


......the Sun and the Sea Turtle Straw Sliders. Cute aren't they?

The 3D Coconut Drink is made from the same file as the Pineapple but I left out the top and the scales. Instead I embossed the panels with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and inked all with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Inks. The cardstock is AC in Cheastnut for coconut and Lemon, Goldfish, Moss and Leaf for the sliders. Both straws are from AC.

Next I made a pair of Flip-flops also from the JGW Tropical Haven kit:


These are made from AC Cardstock in Fireberry, Goldfish, Moss and Lemon and decorated with patterned paper from Carta Bella "Summer Splash".

All edges are inked with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Inks and the two red brads are from my ever growing stash.

The Flip-flops are also boxes so treats or gift cards can be placed inside. They are very easy to make.

No tropical paradise without flowers……


…...so I made the Lei from the JGW Tiki Luau kit.

I wanted it to be very colorful to match the awesome paper from Carta Bella, so I used AC Cardstock in Fireberry, Pool, Blossom, Lemon and Moss for it. I found some metallic colored beads in my stash to use as spacers.

This was the easiest of the all - just make the flowers and leaves and tread them onto the string - voila! Cool children's project I would think.

Finally I made a card to go with rest of the things:


This Stay Cool Tropical Box Card is also from the JGW Tropical Haven kit and is made from AC Cardstock in the same colors as the rest of the project and decorated with the patterned paper from Carta Bella. 

I get so many withdrawals just looking at it.

And here you have the whole set:


Yes - I cheated and made the whole thing in advance - come on.....nobody makes this much in two days. Ehm.....almost nobody…..hmmmm I kinda did. Oh well…..I'm a nut.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my creations as much as I did and that you got a bit of a feel of Tropical Paradise.

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!


6 comments:

  1. Helle, I'm glad to hear you had a great vacation! This set totally makes me want to go on one right now! I love all the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an amazing spread. So very colorful and festive. This will be a refreshing revitalization of interest in these designs thanks to the way you have created and presented them. Thanks for your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how bright and cheerful this entire set is! Great job Helle!

    ReplyDelete