Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2019

3 X 3 = Hygge

What is "Hygge"?

Hygge is a Danish word for coziness - for snuggling under a blanket, being with friends or Family or maybe just being yourself watching your favorite series in candle light, cuddled up in a warm blanket.

Hygge is definitely what comes to my mind when I see candles - being real or LED - and that is exactly what I've been working on for the last week. Not just one but 3.

Not just candles - they have to have something to stand on, so I made 3 candlesticks too.

Not just candles and candlesticks - I added a ring of leaves - or should I say 3.

Enough yapping - here they are:


Candle 3D Chunky with Drips rests nicely on the Candle Stand 3D for Display with a alternated Candle Ring 3D Evergreens sandwiched between.

Let me start with the candle ring, as I made it somewhat different than the original.


It's made from AC Cardstock in Leaf and Kale.

I used my Silhouette software to remove the Evergreen sprigs from the ring and add Leafy Sprigs instead as I wanted a more Springy feel to the project. It's all about daring to use different features in the Silhouette Software (I bet lots of other cutting software offers features like this) like Make or Release "Compound path", Welding or editing Points. All in all just play around - you can't fail cause you can always go back.

Then I made the Candle in AC Cardstock Caramel and inked the edges with Distress Ink in a light brown shade. The candle sure is easy to make! You just have to have your pieces organized.


Finally I made the Candle Stand or Stick in AC Cardstock Vanilla and inked the edges with the same Distress Ink. This is also very easy to make and it is so sturdy!


That's it - times 3. Ready for Spring, Easter and Summer. You could add flowers to the rings for more decoration - I just like them the way they are.

Thanks for joining me today - please let me know what you think of this project in a comment below and have a super cozy Sunday.

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!






6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely wonderful! I love that you made them in varying heights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing creation, love the leafy sprigs, the "drip" from the candle and the candle stands, - fabulous.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Helle! You and I need to stop thinking alike. I may have to change my next project now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no not again! I'm so sorry - My next project isn't alike yours - I promise!!!!

      Delete