Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

So Long, Farewell......

Unfortunately every good thing must come to an end and being part of the SVG Attic Inspirational Team has definitely been a very good thing for me. I have really enjoyed making projects almost weekly (as I have a somewhat problem by controlling myself), coming up with new ways to put the files together or simply remaking some of the gorgeous files that flowed from the designers.

It is very sad to say goodbye to this, to my team mates - my "family" but I know we'll keep connected somehow and I'm thrilled to have learned that the files get to live on in the Silhouette Design Store.

I did make one final project - so I can drive off in style:

 I have wanted to make this truck for so long and just needed the right occasion - well it is now.

It's downsized by 50% so it's pretty small and it's make from AC Cardstock in Pine, Black, Vanilla and Latte along with Silver Metallic Paper from Tim Holtz.

The tiny nails are made from drops of Enamel Accent by Ranger and I used Distress Ink on all the edges and for the faux woodgrain on the rail.

I also added some gems on the front and back lights.



Instead of adding a pumpkin or tree in the back of the truck, I made some tiny suitcases (from the SDS Paris Voyage kit) These are downsized to 33% to fit the scale.



They are made of AC Cardstock in Robin's Egg, Cranberry, Denim and Chocolate and decorated with gold pearl paper. I used Enamel Accent as nails also on these.

I chose to use a vers from the Goodbye song in "The Sound of Music" because it just fits perfectly and put it in the suitcase tag.


Now I can drive towards the sunset and think about a happy time on the Inspirational Team - trying to figure out what to do now. I will still be making SVG Attic stuff - that is for sure!


I want to thank all of you for visiting the blog  - without you none of this would have happend. It's  such a thrill to know that people out there like the stuff you make and I hope that you will continue to follow along on my private blog: My Creative Hideout and/or on my FB page.

To my fellow team mates: I love you and we'll keep in touch. Thank you so much for giving me this chance to grow - because I really did during these two years I've been a part of the team.

See you all out there in cyperspace! So Long......

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Your truck is wonderful! I love the addition of the suitcases. They couldn't have been more perfect. I'm going to miss seeing what you come up with so frequently. You definitely have inspired SO many people, including me, with your crafting 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth - that goes the other way around too you know :-)

      Delete
  2. Such a poignant and outstanding post and way to say goodbye. (I love the reference to the song from "Sound of Music" on one of the suitcases.) This will be a big change for all of us, and I don't always LOVE changes, so this will be extra difficult. Friendships and support groups and creative gangs can be such a positive thing in life. It has been wonderful incentive for me as designer to know there is someone paying attention. I will park those good thoughts in the "garage" of my consciousness as we move forward. I appreciate this lovely post! Bless you Helle, and all the others in our group. What outstanding ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jodi - I look forward to still creating your lovely designs now from the Silhouette Design Store instead. Good luck with your future venture :-)

      Delete
  3. I was singing the song as I read your tag. Wonderful project. The good piece of news here is that we will still have access to Jodi's wonderful designs in the Silhouette Store. Maybe we could start a blog for that sometime down the road???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - and hearing Willie Wonka's voice as well :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Cyndy - why didn't you record that so I could hear??? I bet you sing beautifully - like Audrey Hepburn :-)

      Delete
  4. What a sweet post and clever picks for the perfect accessories for your great truck! I enjoy each and every one of your creations and look forward to many, many more on your blog and FB. Well done, Helle! Well done.
    Kris P

    Very glad the Silhouette Store will have all the files!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you challenged yourself to downsize everything! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems I am late to the party. Your crafts are beautiful!!
    Sorry to see you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexcia :-) I ain't going anywhere but SVG Attic is closing. If you want you can still follow my work at www.mycreativehideout.com or on my FB page:https://www.facebook.com/mycreativehideout

      Delete
  7. Love this project and. You are amazing and talented. I have loved working with you! Keep up the good work and we will see you on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy - I can say the same to you. Thank you for letting me play with your files. You are deff. going places with these :-)

      Delete
  8. How can I get this truck and suitcase they are so cool! :) I use Cricut so would that work ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This truck is available in the Silhouette Design store. You can purchase the SVG there (make sure to click the box by SVG so there is a check mark in it) https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/D-280897?search=3d+truck&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true Cricut software is not as advanced as Silhouette, so I cannot guarantee it will import well into the Cricut program since it is a large file.

      Delete
    2. The suitcase file is available here: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/D-77321?search=suitcase&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true
      Once again, you would have to make sure to click the box by SVG to make sure to get the format that is compatible with Cricut software.

      Delete