Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pot Of Gold with Beth

Hello everyone!  Over the last couple weeks there have been some changes at SVG Attic.  Most importantly, it has switched owners.  SVG Attic is now owned by Mike and Kenzie Daley who are the creators of SnapDragon Snippets.  They really have wonderful designs available in the Silhouette store, so head over there to check them out!

For this week's project I combined the Pot O' Gold file by SnapDragon Snippets with the Go Green set from SVG Attic to make this darling St. Patrick's Day decoration.
I sized the Pot O' Gold file so that the biggest piece was 11.5" to make it as large as I could.  Next I sized the shamrock border from the Go Green set to 0.5" tall.  I cut the base from green adhesive vinyl and the top layer out of gold glitter vinyl.  Using vinyl made the layering and adhering to the pot a breeze!  I used 3.5 lengths of the border to go all around the top.  I also saved some of the negative shamrock cuts out of the gold vinyl for embellishments for the bottom of the pot.
 Around the middle of the pot, I wrapped jute ribbon first, then added embroidery floss in the colors of the rainbow for a pop of color.  The shamrock is from the Go Green set.  I added a twine bow and the sentiment tag to finish it off.
 At the bottom I added another shamrock that I cut out, several green sequins, the gold vinyl shamrock cuts that I saved from the border and tiny dots of gold glitter.
 Best of all, the pot also opens up so it can hold even more treats!
To find an assembly tutorial for the Pot O' Gold, you can go HERE.

UPDATE:  You can now find the Pot O' Gold (and many other cute files) on SVG Attic in the set called Charmingly Green!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!
Beth
Beth's Beauties

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, are your files from SnapDragon Snippets available as svg filed or are they only for use with a Silhouette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, currently it is only in the Silhouette store under the .studio format, but Mike and Kenzie are working on getting it in the SVG Attic store soon!

      Delete
    2. Laura, the pot o' gold is now in the SVG Attic store! http://www.svgattic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=125_86&products_id=338
      I hope you share your project on the Facebook page if you create something with it :)

      Delete