Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine Purse with Beth

I know this isn't a traditional Valentine treat holder, but I really had a lot of fun making it!  What girl or lady wouldn't LOVE to get this for a treat?  The paper collection I used was My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Record It! Antique.  The purse is made from SVG Attic's Pretty Purses files.
The swirl on the lid is one of the stickers that came with the paper collection.  
Here is a picture of the purse opened up.  It has two pockets.  The main one and the small one on the front.
The main pocket has a cellophane bag with Hershey's Caramel Kisses and Hugs in it :)  YUM!  The front pocket is just the right size to hold a gift card.  I decorated the cellophane bag with twine, embroidery floss and a heart button.
Look at that magnolia on the front.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I am totally in love with this flower!  For the center I used my Epiphany Crafts Round 14 tool and some of the patterned paper to make an epoxy embellishment.  I added sequins to the front of the purse as well.
 Last but not least, here is the back of the purse.  I used part of the swirl sticker on the back.  The tag is adorned with a banner and heart that are re-sized from the Sweet Shop Party collection.  I tied it to the handle with twine and embroider floss and finished the handle off with a bow of Rumpled Ribbon.
If you are looking for more Valentine's Day inspiration, check out SVG Attic's latest set, Valentine Photo Props!  I love that each of these elements can be used on cards or layouts too.  Get it free with a $9.98 or more purchase by using the code FREE at checkout!
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Beth

1 comment: