Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

Creepy Crawlies with Lisa


Happy Friday and welcome back, everyone! 

Lisa from The Relativity of Paper bringing you a few harmless 
Creepy Crawlies! 

I feel like I am always making something for others but rarely make things for myself. Does anyone else feel this way? So, I decided to create a few fun Halloween decorations for my craft room. I have a few ceramics sitting around that I store on a bottom shelf, out of view, during the year and most years I decorate with my store-bought decorations but this year I refuse to bring decorations into my home until the renovations are completed and this brings us back to the Creepy Crawlies! 

I love Halloween and knew I wanted a few decorations in my craft room since I'll be spending a lot of time in there this month. I love the way the banner turned out and decided to add a few spiders crawling across the canvas. 


To create the banner you will need the Web Semi Circle Overlay and Flourished Spider Card files. You will only be using the orange background and spider from the Flourished Spider card.
Resize the webs to fit your needs. I cut two sizes, alternating between the two. I cut the Flourished Spider the same size for the whole banner. Once I had all my pieces cut I ran Trendy Twine Gray Licorice through the web. To secure the Flourished Spider I used 3D mounting foam and adhered it over the Trendy Twine to secure it in place, too. 


The spiders can be found in the Silhouette Design Store - Design ID #154108. They are the same spiders in the center of the Flourished Spider. I added 3D mounting foam to the back of them to stick to the canvas.  I used Black and Orange cardstock from my stash to create my Creepy Crawlies. 

As always, thanks for joining us! 



No comments:

Post a Comment