Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Anniversary Heart Box

Hello all!  This is Beth from Beth's Beauties and I am excited to announce that I have been chosen to be on the SVG Attic design team!  I love the files that they have!  There are so many diverse themes that you are sure to find something that you can use.  I make a lot of cards, but I also LOVE creating 3D paper items as well.  It is so fun seeing the item take shape and the finished product is so rewarding.

For my first design team project, I made an anniversary heart box for my husband.  We recently celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary!   This box is a wonderful reminder of our wedding colors and flowers.
The base of the heart box was made using the Heart Shaped Box collection from SVG Attic.  I kept the box simple by using solid colored cardstock, then added a vellum trim from Erin's Scalloped Trims around the top edge.
Next is the part that I just adore...those roses on top!  Seriously, I think they are the most gorgeous paper roses I have seen!  I cut them using the rose file from the Be Mine collection using double sided K&Company paper.  A perfect match of my favorite flower with my favorite color :)  For the leaves on the roses I used the apple leaves from the Fall Harvest Favor Boxes kit. I used brown chalk around the leaf edges, then creased them down the middle to make them look more realistic.  For the final touch, I added some pearls that were on a wired strand for a subtle bling.
But wait...there is more!  I also decorated the inside of the lid!  I added a cream heart layer, stamped the Happy Anniversary sentiment, then added the rose and leaves.  An unexpected surprise when the box is opened :)  I just loved the end result and I think it would work beautifully for a wedding, bridal shower, anniversary, Valentine's day, birthday or even a just because gift.  There are so many possibilities for this box.
Ok...I just have to share one more picture of those amazing roses with you.  They have such a refreshing summer feel to them.  You know you like them too ;)

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!


4 comments: