Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Fall Table Center Piece

I hope everyone is enjoying the fall weather.  I know in some part of the country winter has already arrived, but here in El Paso, Texas, we are still having very nice days, a little bit of rain, and awesome sunsets.

For this post, I created a fall center piece using Canning Essentials Svg Kit.  I got the inspiration from a project by Tammy Tutterow, but instead of using real glass, I used overhead transparencies.  The paper I used was from the Paper Company.  It was a gold embossed cardstock.  To make the tall jar look vintage, I applied alcohol inks in Ginger, Caramel, and Butterscotch plus Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint to the transparency.  I added an electronic candle in the middle and dried vegetables to make it sturdy.  The addition of the light makes the "glass" glittery!





I cut out the leaves and acorns from the Harvest Blessings Card Kit.  To the ribbon I added the same colors but with the Distress Stains to match the colors on the glass.  I used fall colors of Distress Paints on the Leaves.  These are from the Fall Ensemble Kit.  The other leaves I die cut with three different Provo Craft dies.  I also added two push pins, a peacock feather and small white pearls.  The branches are also a Tim Holtz die cut.


The other two jars were made with transparencies and regular cardstock, one in brown and the other in a rust color.  I cut out the decorative toppers from fabric "cardstock" I had in my stash and natural twine.




So there you have it, a fall center piece to enjoy over and over again throughout the years.

Happy crafting!





3 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! I love everything you did to make them so unique and special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a feast for the eyes. LOVE it. ♥

    ReplyDelete