Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Feel Better Box

It's flu and cold season once again this year and what better way to make someone feel better than to give them a box full of tea and chocolate.

I took a cigar box, like the one here: 




and transformed it into this:



I mod podged designer paper on all sides, pink and white doilies, and added stamped images and molding paste through a snowflake stencil.  I added some distress ink to the paste to make it pink, ribbons, and bakers twine for the banner.  I also added some pearls to the snowflakes.  The clear knob is from my stash as well as the metal corners.



The Get Better banner is from the Nested Alphabet file.  I resized the letters to fit the front of the box and layered them with three different colors of paper.  

The bear on the front is from the Frosty Friends file.  I added felting powder to the bear paper to add texture. 

For the inside of the box, I added a tag with a sentiment from Unity Stamp to cover up the knob's screw and stamped snowflakes all over.  I also added a piece of felt to the bottom of the box.


I also made a bear card is from Frosty Friends.  I stamped a sentiment from Unity Stamps inside.





I covered the tea bags with tissue paper, added a snowflake, and ribbon through the hole.  I did the same for the chocolate bar, yumm!






And so there you have a  feel better box full of tea and chocolate for someone under the weather, or make it for yourself; it should make you feel better every time you open a tea bag and boil yourself a cup!





Until next time, keep warm and cozy!

Carmen Lucero



7 comments:

  1. How gorgeous. The recipient will be delighted ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is such a darling gift set! You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how creative useful and pretty love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea! This would be such a cute care package idea with tissues, cough drops, packet of chicken soup and of course you have to have chocolate to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious. It would definately make me feel better if I were sick. The cute bear card is so cheerful, perfect for making someone smile and feel better. Thank you so
    much for sharing this wonderful idea.
    Lena
    xxx
    Lena’s Creations


    ReplyDelete