Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Love Potion Bottle with Tracy

Good morning fellow crafters! Tracy here from the Idea Closet and today I have a fun project from a new kit that will be offered at SVG Attic later this week.

Love Potion Bottle


This project is so cute just the way it is. It comes with either a printable label or one that can be cut out and layered. The bottle stands almost 12 inches tall. There is a "back door" to make it easy to fill with candy or a small gift and you can even place a real 1" cork in the top.

As always Jodi has put together a great tutorial on how to put your project together. You can find all the instructions here.

To make my bottle I added a couple of things.

First, I printed the label  on clear sticker paper, but then I did a very tiny offset around it so I could have a small white frame around the label.
Place the label sticker on the white offset frame and then place both of them on the bottle when the instructions tell you to.

Next,  I ran the neck pieces through my Big Shot and embossed them.  The embossing adds a lot of detail to the bottle.

For the final touch, I used 2 basic key shapes and tied them to the bottle with string. You could add charms or even a tag.  Add a white fluffy bow  tied from tulle and tada ... a fun bottle to  use as a center piece or fill it with candy and give it to someone special this Valentine's day.

This fun bottle will be part of a  full Valentine Kit, available in the next few days  at SVG Attic.

So many possibilities. I have a bridal shower coming up next month... Hmmm.. Stay tuned.....

I hope you will give this project a try and thanks for joining me today!
Happy Cutting





4 comments:

  1. This bottle is so much FUN! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh. nice bottle! cant wait to see the entire kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bottle! Can't wait to see the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, you made it look marvelous. I've got to get more information about the embossing technique. It looks marvelous. I assume it doesn't change sizes at all!. Love the keys, and your description is marvelous. Thanks for choosing this design. Set should be out soon.

    ReplyDelete