Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A Dozen Roses for Mom

Tracy here today from the Idea Closet and I wanted to share a beautiful idea for Mother's day.

Mother's Day is just around the corner and I wanted to make something special and from the heart  for both my mom and my mother-in-law.

They both love roses so ... SVG Attic to the rescue (again).

JGW Flower Boxcard Bouquets

I changed things up just a little but not much this time.



To start with, you will want to cut all of your pieces out.
I cut the leaves out of a darker shade of green then what I used to cut the stem pieces.
Then I inked all of my flowers pieces, leaves and stems.  Don't forget the heart also.





Next, I changed the tag.  I was ok with the heart but I didn't want to use the word Valentine so I deleted that and then typed my own "I Love You"
* a great tip-- when cutting out very small letters, use vinyl instead of paper.  It works a lot better when removing it from the mat and placing it on your project!

One everything is cut, inked and ready to go, follow Jodi's instructions here.
She makes it so easy to understand.



Once you have done one, you will want to do a second and a third and a ...

This Card Box stands almost 11" tall, and folds down for easy mailing.  It is so fun and easy to do and the perfect way to give mom a dozen roses that wont fade, wilt or die.

I am off to make some more bouquet  box cards.  
(I think I will even keep one for myself!)

In the mean time, I hope you will check out my blog to find lots more ideas, tips and projects made with designs from SVG Attic!

2 comments:

  1. These cards are gorgeous! You really did a great job on them. Thanks for sharing the vinyl technique on the sentiment. It is what I love to do with my sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty!! I'm sure your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete