Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Fish for Father

Hello again - I'm so happy to see you

Today it's all about Father's Day and fishing. These two go together like horse and carriage in most families - just not in mine. I mean my Dad was fond of fishing but my hubby does not want to go anywhere near a pond or hold a rod in his hand (he's so weird) Me, on the other hand, has a great love for fishing. It's so relaxing and exciting at the same time and the quiet around the pond - ahhhh just love it. Only problem I have, is getting the fish off the hook. YUK! I cannot touch the darn thing or kill it. So that's where I need hubby to tag along when we go fishing. My boys are just as screamish as me so that leaves - Dad.

Well I guess I had my own Dad in mind when I decided on making this project. In remembrance of him and all the fishing trips we took in my childhood.

Well enough with the yapping - here comes the good stuff:

Every fisherman (or woman) needs a good basket or Creel to hold the fish he or she catches, and the Fishing Creel 3D Box from SVGAttic's JGW Gone Fishing kit is just the thing.

I made it from AC Cardstock in Latte, Caramel and Coffee along with some silver pearl paper.

I also used Prima Metallic Wax Rich Copper on the edges instead of ink for a fun effect.

The brads, holding the handle and latch, are from Tim Holtz and the latch strap is made of faux leather from Cricut.

One also needs a good tackle box and the JGW Gone Fishing kit has that too:


It's made from AC Cardstock in Mint, Robbin's Egg and Fireberry and decorated with patterned paper from a really old collection by Cosmo Cricket "Snorkel" (just because I loved the fishies)

The edges are inked with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink, the brads are from Tim Holtz and so is the tiny tag with the fitting sentiment on it.

Both of these boxes were so easy to make. Just follow the instructions from Jodi here and here.

What's a fisher with out a good hat?


This cute Fisherman's Bucket Hat Favor Box from SnapDragon Snippets is a necesity for the fisher as it holds several hooks, bobber, lure and fly and it can hold treats as well.

I made it from AC Cardstock in Olive, Robbin's Egg, Black, Fireberry, Cranberry, Vanilla and Truffle along with patterned paper from another oldie by Cosmo Cricket "Mr Campy".

I also used some sienna colored eyelets and some scrapper floss in tan and all the edges are inked with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Inks. The tag is one I made using the Print 'n Cut function on my Silhouette Cameo.

This one is a bit more tricky to make but not difficult at all - just more parts to keep a hold of.

How about the Fisherman himself?:


This good looking fellow is the Fisherman Canister from SVGAttics JGW Summer Canisters kit. He is made from AC Cardstock in Olive, Caramel, Mint, Coffee, Robin's Egg, Peacock, White, Vanilla, Black, Fireberry, Cranberry, Rosebud, Blush, Latte and Leaf along with patterned paper from the "Mr Campy" collection and Tungsten Bling Cardstock from Bazzill.

I also used eyelets on the hat and scrapper floss to hang the bobber on his vest and all edges are inked with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Inks.

Super fun and super easy to make.

Finally, to top it all of, is a card:


This card is also included in the JGW Gone Fishing kit from SVGAttic and is called "Fishing Vest Card"

I used AC Cardstock in Caramel, Truffle, Coffee, Cranberry, Fireberry, Black and Vanilla along with patterned paper from the "Mr Campy" collection and Tungsten Bling Cardstock from Bazzill.

I was lazy (in reality I'm just really horrible at sewing) and drew the stitches onto the vest instead of sewing them using my Silhouette Cameo sketch pen.

All edges are inked with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Inks and dots are from Prima.

Luckily I managed to get the Fishing Pole 3D Magnetic Toy done too:

Originally I had all the other things done but then I saw Jodi had made this magnificent Fishing Pole and I just couldn't bear it not being a part of this Father's Day set. The most cool thing about this one is that it actually works….Even my teenager is impressed!!!

It's made from AC Cardstock in Fireberry, Coffee, Black, Cranberry and Vanilla along with the patterned paper from the "Mr. Campy" collection. The grip overlay is made from Tungsten Bling Cardstock from Bazzil along with the outer most layer of the left and right wheel layer.

Check out the assembly tutorial here

The Bobber is made from two halves that I glued together and wrapped some black washi tape around the middle.



This is a very fun project to make. I really love how Jodi's head works and how she makes her ideas come to life. Such cool mechanisms.

There you have it - the whole chabang (minus the Fishing Pole):



I'm pretty sure my Dad would have loved this set and I really hope that you do too. I think I have to go out and find a Dad, that loves fishing, and give him this set - know anybody?

Thanks for stopping by today. Father's Day is celebrated in Denmark on June 5th which is also our Constitution Day so a few days ahead of the US. So Happy Fathers Day to you on the 17th of June.

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!




4 comments:

  1. Helle, you have made every fishing thing that was a completed design! Amazing spread, as usual. Now don't be too disappointed if there are more fishing things almost "out of the oven". So fun to know someone out there gets how crazy my head works. Love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi....Look forward to seeing more fishy stuff from you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing! I am loving every bit of it, especially seeing that fishing rod since I didn't even see it in the store yet LOL!

    ReplyDelete