Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sesame Street Gift Boxes with Beth

My baby recently turned one and I decided to go with a Sesame Street theme for his party.  I had to splurge and get this SS paper pad when I saw it online at Joann Fabrics.  It is so adorable and it was PERFECT for what I had in mind to make.  I knew exactly what I was going to make when I saw the Make A Wish SVG Kit at SVG Attic.  The gift box in that set is so cute!  I especially love the bow on top :)  I sized all the box parts at 12.8" wide to make the boxes big enough to hold some chunky cars that my little one was getting for his birthday.  Well, I went a little overboard and made three of these boxes...but they were so easy to make so it didn't take me a lot of time.

Here is the first box.  I embossed the bow with a star embossing folder to compliment the stars on the lid.  I also used brown chalk around the bow and the box's side panels to add depth.  The two stripes of blue "ribbon" on the top are simply rectangles of cardstock that I cut at 1.5" wide.
 This box was made in the same way except I used a circles embossing folder on the bow.
 On this one I did not emboss the bow and I used real ribbon (1.5" wide) to decorate the lid.
Here is what they look like all together...now you see why I had to get this paper to use, don't you!
If you haven't already heard, SVG Attic is having a fabulous 75% off sale for hitting 2,000 likes on Facebook plus they are having lots of giveaways too, so head on over to like the SVG Attic Facebook page and get entered in all the fun!

Have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. This are just so great. Love the paper. Love the embossed bows. LOVE IT ALL ♥

    ReplyDelete