Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Feel Better Card with Beth

Today I am sharing with you a get well card.  I rarely make this type of card, but when the need arises I love using bright colors that are sure to brighten anyone's spirits!  The papers I used are DCWV's Dots, Stripes and Plaids stack and also their Fiber stack which definitely brought the vibrant colors I was looking for.
For this card I used cutting files that are from SVG Attic's Feel Better Soon kit.  I made the card the same as the files except I enlarged the band-aids to make them cover the whole background.
I am a nurse and that set is just totally me!  I fell in love with the band-aids that are on this card and of course, had to add that red cross.
I didn't add much dimension to this card since it is going to be sent through the mail, but I did add four colors of twine around the bottom to add texture.
Don't forget, we are holding a DT call!  See THIS blog post for all the details!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Beth
Beth's Beauties

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute. I have been wondering about the paper from DCWV as have seen @ Michaels. It cuts OK on Cameo? Might you by chance know the weight of paper? The employees at the big box stores just kind of look at me when I ask :-) Thanks for sharing this great card :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, I LOVE DCWV paper! I have only come across a couple of their stacks that don't seem to cut well and the Fiber stack I used in this card was one of them. I had to cut those squares by hand since the fibers are really long in that paper. However, I use their paper all the time with my cameo! There are two different weights of paper with DCWV. The 180 sheet stacks are more of a text weight paper and still cut well. They good for layering on projects, not the main construction of a project. Their cardstock stacks (48 pages) are a nice weight for constructing 3D objects. I don't know the exact weight, but they do hold up well. I would guess maybe around 80 lb wt.

      Delete