Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Intricate Snowflake Card with Beth

I am sure by now most of you have seen the brand new SVG set called Ice Princess Party Pack that was released a couple days ago.  It is so darling and perfect for all the Frozen movie fans out there. I only have boys, so I probably won't have the opportunity to use it for a birthday party, but that didn't stop me from using elements from it to make this beautiful card!  
 I fell in love with this intricate snowflake as soon as I saw it.  It really captures the beauty that can be seen in real ones.  It is from the envelope file from the kit and so is the square behind the snowflake.  I sized the snowflake at 3.75" high and cut it out of silver glitter paper.  It truly shines in the light!  The square behind it is 4".  I created a blackout shadow of the snowflake in turquoise to help the snowflake stand out from the DP.  The gray trim at the bottom is from Erin's Scalloped Trims and I sized it at 0.5" tall then trimmed it to fit the card front.
Of course, what would a snowflake be without a little extra dazzle?  Okay, so maybe a lot of dazzle :)  I added silver rhinestones on the snowflake and in the corners of the square plus a large blue one in the center of the snowflake.  Add stamping, a bow and there you have the finished card!

I hope you enjoy it and if you are inspired to make one like it, we would love for you to share it on our Facebook page.

Here is a look at the entire Ice Princess Party Pack.

Beth
Beth's Beauties

2 comments: