Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Introducing Inspiration Team member Carmen Lucero



Hello all!  My name is Carmen Lucero.  I am so honored to have been asked to be a member of the design team for SVG Attic.  I’m looking forward creating and hoping to inspire you to make projects using these awesome collections.  You can find some of my work here:  

Visionary Art by Carmen Alicia

My Flickr Photostream

I’ve been married to my best friend, who I met in high school, for 42 years. We are empty nesters and spend lots of time with our Chihuahua who keeps us company.  I have two grown children who are very creative.  My son is a drummer and my daughter is an artist, Yoga teacher and Massage Therapist.  

A bit more about myself...



            Born and Raised: Born in Mexico where I attended school and was obligated to make a sewing project every year.  I get my creativity from my mom.  She made my sister and I paper dolls and the furniture to go along with them.  Later she became a seamstress and made beautiful wedding dresses, then everything crafty.



            Places I've Lived: Mexico, Texas, Alabama, Washington State, Colorado, California, Arizona, New Mexico and now we are back in Texas.  I also spent a month in Bogotá, Colombia when I worked for the US government.  The best experience of my life!

            Style:  I don't really have one style, but I've been using SVGs since Sure Cuts Alot made its debut.     I use Make the Cut also along with my Cricut and Cameo to make 3D projects, greeting cards, and vinyl.  I also learned mixed media and oil painting so I try to incorporate everything I've learned in the past five years to my projects.  I love texture!
       
 First Project - Home Decor 



I selected this file to create my first project to share with you.




My favorite season is fall because of all beautiful colors, the great weather, and the longer hours available to play outside.

This Fall Home Decor was created with an older file

Autumn Splendor

I resized the flowers and the Fall rosette banner to fit this 11x14 canvas.  I used mixed media for the background and sprayed the flowers and the leaves with shimmery ink sprays.

In addition, when I saw the Aged To Perfection Svg File, I knew I had to make it. It's not a Fall project, but you can change it around to fit the season or occasion.  

Last summer, I went to visit my daughter in California and she took me to a small town called, Murphy.  It's a quaint little town with lots of wine tasting rooms.  We had so much fun!

I created a mixed media page using Faber-Castell gelatos, molding paste, stencils, and lots of texture.  I used a couple of Unity Stamps Company stamps and matted the picture on cork paper.  

Scrapbook Layout




I hope I have inspired you to try your own hand at making a project with these collections and please post your creations on our Facebook pages.

Get crafty, my friends!







1 comment:

  1. Two gorgeous projects, Carmen! I love them both! Welcome to the team :)

    ReplyDelete