Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

July 4th with Lisa

Hi, everyone and welcome! Lisa from The Relativity of Paper sharing a fun idea using the JGW July 4th Block Party and JGW Sam's Hat Kits. I've been wanting to step outside my norm, try something different. I found this Chalk Board Easel stand at my local big box store and the wheels started turning. Of course, there was a chalk marker hanging next to it and I decided then I would try to stencil it because my penmanship is not the best. 
 I resized the July 4th from the JGW July 4th  Block Party Collection to fit the board and used a piece of white cardstock to create my stencil. Once the stencil was created it was just a matter of taping it down and using the chalk marker to create the sign. Honestly, this couldn't be any easier and I see a few more of these being made for Halloween and Christmas. 
 Next, I cut the stars from the JGW Sam's Hat Kit in all three sizes. I love that they are dimensional. Once I had them cut and "assembled" I attached them to a strip of paper so I could wrap fairy lights around it. 

I finished it off with a few die-cut circles just because it needed a little something else. 
So next time you are wanting one of those gorgeous chalkboard signs but dread the thought of writing on your beautiful clean chalkboard, make a stencil! 


 As always, thanks for joining us! 

4 comments: