Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Creativity Box

I have had this stack of Tim Holtz things stored under my desk since January. I knew the general idea of what I wanted to do, but then again I didn't know what I was going to do with it. When I finally took the time to read each inscription on these little medal plates, I knew for sure what I needed to do with it!

I have a lot of little things in a basket that I use occasionally for crafting. So to bring a bit more organization as well as elegance to storing the little things, I decided to make a storage box using SVG Attic's 'Cookie's for Santa' file to make this project.

I had to modify the file slightly to achieve what I wanted.

Original file: 

For the lid of the box, I wanted the top to be a solid surface. So I simply right clicked on the top of the lid, selected 'release compound', and discarded the items from the file I didn't want to use.

Modified file: 

Once modified and cut out, I was able to put each piece together.
 But once I added all of the Tim Holtz bling, wow!
 The gold glitter paper I used from Cut Card Stock was the icing on the cake.
 The gold paired well with the elegance and old fashioned paper
 I chose this file because I liked that I can take the inside compartments out one at a time for when I am using that element.
The finished results came out well.

 For more inspiring projects by I-team member Sonja, please visit Sugar Bean Cards blog. 


Materials Used: 

SVG Attic 'Cookies for Santa' file
Cookies for Santa
Tim Holtz paper and bling
Cut Card Stock glitter gold paper
Silhouette Cameo 3
Silhouette Studios Designer Edition
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue



4 comments: