Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Can't get enough Unicorn Cards


If you have not seen the new Magic Kit you are missing out.
Tracy here from Idea Closet.  Last week I showed you a couple of Unicorn projects and today I am sharing two more  cards from this great kit!



If you love easy but beautiful cards, you really need to try some of the A2 Trio Cards.
This Unicorn and Stars card is beautiful and works up so easily.

Because I can never leave anything alone or the way it was designed, I had to change things around to create my own look.

First I created a background panel for the card and then I added the eyelashes, heart and flowers from the Shaker card to the unicorn on this card.

By using some small foam pop dots you can give the head a little dimension. 


Look how tiny your digital machine can cut; that is a dime sitting next to those flowers. 
I used my Silhouette Cameo but the portrait or the Cricut can do just as small.  
(I did add the center of the flowers with a sharpie marker.)

To add these details you will need to copy them from the shaker card and then shrink them down to fit your card.


The second card I did was the shaker card but I didn't make it a shaker card, and I used the head from the Trio card instead of the one that came with this file.

To make the head, copy from the other file and resize.  
Deletet the original head,  one of the eyelashes and one heart.
For the flower centers I used little stick on epoxy dots.


For the inside of the card I first made a panel.
Next I printed the words instead of cutting them and  used the sentiment label to create my own print and cut.

Delete the shaker rings and place the printed label on the inside of the card, making sure the words peak through the window.

It doesn't matter if you use the cards as they come, or change them up a bit, you will end up with some "magical" cards that any little unicorn lover will be please to receive.




2 comments:

  1. Love love love your Unicorn cards Tracy - and the paper is so awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is a perfect match for these files! Great job Tracy!

    ReplyDelete