Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Trio of Witch Hats with Lisa



Happy Friday everyone! Lisa, from In the Crafting Cave with Lisa, with you today sharing 
a trio of Witch Hats. With Halloween right around the corner I thought I would get started on a few items to decorate around the house. I used the Midnight Witch Hat from SDS Halloween Soiree Collection to create these hats. I'm using battery operated votives. Another idea for this is to make them a bit smaller and put them on a string of Halloween lights.


I tried going all out with embellishments but it just seems to be a distraction for those amazing star and moon cutouts.  So I followed the KISS method(keep it simple silly) and I love the way they turned out. 

I used 6x6 papers and resized the hat to fit on the paper. I actually cut two pieces at once by laying two pieces of 6x6 papers side by side on my mat. I cut three of the inside pieces at once on a 8.5"x11" piece of vellum. 
You can find more details on the supplies I used on my blog, In the Crafting Cave with Lisa.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope your weekend is filled to the brim with crafting!

5 comments:

  1. These are great! I love that you made then into luminaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful. I like all the different looks you can get with the different paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are VERY stunning! love the KISS method on these hats! you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe! love love this idea! wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete