Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Winter Cottage

Hello all I-team Sonja here. Today I bring you the third and final addition to my cottage series!


For the winter cottage, I added snow to the roof and windows. I included the presents and the street lamp that comes with this file, as well as the bows for the windows.


Since it is a winter theme, I had to put a sleigh and a reindeer on the roof!

The reindeer is from SnapDragon Snippets in Silhouettes Design Store. The sleigh is from SVG Attic's Holiday Cheer Gift Boxes file.





The snow on the roof, chimney's, and window icicles are cut from sparkle paper. Usually I would do this in plain white paper and add glitter, but I had some extra white glitter paper around!


The back of the cottage. I wanted to add very subtle color into this, trying to keep away from the traditional red and greens of Christmas.

Left side. The pops of sea green against the gray, silver, and white was the right choice.

Now turn the lights out! 

For the street light, I took inspiration from the light that sits in our front yard. I wanted it to light up to make it realistic. It took a little modification, but I got it there in the end!
 One of my favorite things about winter is when it is snowing out at night, yet it is so bright and beautiful. 
I loved how the silver spots in the paper lit up when photographed, adding an extra touch of sparkle. 




 The end result on this cottage was by far my most favorite of the three! 


That concludes the three part series of my take on the RW English Cottage Kit!

For video tutorials on how to assemble the basic cottage, click on the following links:
Prep-work 
Assembly 


Materials Used:
DCWV 'Elegant Holiday' stack
Image result for DCWV Elegant holiday
Teresa Collins Mega Runner
Aleene's Regular tacky glue 

5 comments: