Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Steampunk 'Once upon a Time' book

Hello all! I-team member Sonja here with my newest project. A few weeks ago, I made a Steampunk Top Hat that I posted to my own personal blog, Sugar Bean Cards. I had some left over supplies and decided I needed to do a matching book!

I decided the Love Stories 3d book file would be perfect to accomplish my goal. Once I had my file picked out, I grabbed some Tim Holtz trinkets, his Lost and Found stack, and (3) sheets of Bazzill's Milkshake cardstock to get started.
With the Walnut Stain, I threw some ink around the books edges to distress it a bit.

Next, I grabbed a Darice clock embossing folder and my Sizzix Big Shot to emboss the top layer to my book.

Then I put it all together with my fingers crossed that it would turn out somewhat decent!

On the background paper, I took it outside and burned the edges. My husband asked me what in the world I was doing outside (it's freezing here). I told him burning paper. He just looked at me like I was crazy, shook his head, and mumbled something about he should've guessed that that was what I was doing. Well come on now honey, I really should never be left unsupervised.



  I love the spine on these book files.
For the paper gears, I cut them on white cardstock and then used some distress spray to get the colors on them. 




 Materials Used: 


  • Tim Holtz
    • Lost and Found 12 x 12 double sided stack
    • Time Pieces
    • Long Fasteners
    • Sprocket Gears
    • Swivel Clasps
    • Walnut Stain Ranger Ink
    • Vintage Photo Ranger Ink
    • Distress Spray
      • Hickory Smoke
      • Fossilized Amber
      • Twisted Citron
  • Bazzill brown Milkshake 12x12 cardstock
  • SnapDragon Snippets Love Stories 3d Book Gift Card Box
  • Silhouette Cameo 3
  • Silhouette Studio~Designer Edition
  • Recollections rose gold cardstock
  • E6000 Industrial Strength glue
  • Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
  • Canon 80D 


5 comments:

  1. This is definitely another WOW project, Sonja! You are really serving up such gorgeous and unique creations. I love the part about burning paper. My oldest sister was big into art in high school and she would do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I learned it was all those years in art! Thanks Beth!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!! This is beyond awesome �� I love all you do. I’m your #1 fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just incredible. I love the thoughtful approach you take from WAY before you are cutting and gluing. Very inspiring. I think I am a closet steam punker!

    ReplyDelete