Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Pretentious Turkey


Happy Sunday and welcome back - so great of you to visit!

Scrolling through files, in order to find projects that I haven't made or have saved for later, I found the cute 3D Turkey from the  JGW Turkey Trot kit.


I always thought he looked so cute and a bit …. hmmmmm….. shall we say less intelligent (after all he is a Turkey) but I also saw something else…..and it was NOT a Turkey.

Well I saw a Peacock and that was what I wanted to turn him into….a Pretentions Turkey. Not surprising that I saw that, because Peacock and Turkey are kinda relatet - both belong to the order of Phasianidae - Pheasant birds.

Anyways - I made the body like the Turkey only to switch out the head ornament with that of a Peacock that I made from a Dandelion file from The Silhouette Design Store (Unfortunently the file is discontinued) and left out the Wattle.

Then I made the tail - very simple. I took the tail part and the panels and sized it up two times for the next two layers and cut them into singles - then I added them behind the first tail.

Well enough talk - here he is......the Pretentious Turkey:


And a side view to see the pretail too:


The Peacock feather pattern I added to the feathers is also a Silhouette Design Store File - Design ID #78856. It's a set but I just used the first upright feather. 



So in order to make this pretentions bird, I used AC Cardstock in Emerald, Shamrock, Marine, White, Black, Chestnut and Shadow along with shimmery paper in Blue, Light Blue, Green, Yellow and pearl paper in black. For the side wings I used some patterned paper from DCWV from a Texture Pad to make them look like those pheasant-kind wings that the Peacock has.

The tail did get a bit heavy due to the use of many feathers but I compensated by adding some heavy glass stones into the little box underneath the bird.

So how do you like him now? Please let me know in a small comment below and enjoy the rest of your Sunday....and have a wonderful new week too.

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!



6 comments:

  1. Helle, your vision is AMAZING! Who besides you could see a PEACOCK was hidden inside that turkey? (Well, perhaps I know at least one other person who envisions peacocks!) This is simply marvelous, and so very colorful. You've made my imagination wiggle and squirm! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi....So happy and thrilled that you like it - it was really a bit of a gamble ;-) Just so happy I pulled it off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing transformation! That shimmery cardstock is simply gorgeous. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth :-) Yeah that paper was made for this project :-)

      Delete
  4. Love that paper Helle! Such a great idea to change it to a peacock.

    ReplyDelete