Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2018

August Sunflowers

August - the last month of Summer and time for the lovely Sunflowers to follow the sun all day. Such an amazing flower a Sunflower is. Not only is it beyond beautiful but it also provides us with food. Mmmmm Sunflower seeds.

August equals Sunflowers to me and that's why I chose to make two small Sunflower projects to show you today.

The first is the Sunflower Hidden Giftcard card from the JGW Sunflower Sunshine kit:


I made it from AC Cardstock in Mustard, Apricot, Spinach and Moss along with patterned paper from Graphic 45's Time to Flourish Collection.

I embossed the leaf with a embossing folder from Cuttlebug, inked all the edges with distress ink and tied a small Graphic 45 tag onto the giftcard part of the card.....


…. because you can pull out the hidden tray for the giftcard.

I also made the Sunflower card into a Shaker card by making some rings and gluing them under the top flower along with a piece of acetate. The shaker glitter is among other from Nuvo and Finnabair.

To go with this cute card, I made a small gift box - the Sunflower 3D Hex Box with Bee


This darling little starshaped box, is made from AC Cardstock in Cranberry, Mustard, Chestnut and Apricot and decorated with patterned paper also from the Graphic 45 Time to Flourish Collection.

Instead of making the original flower center, I chose to make a chunky glitter center by gluing all kinds of glitter and tiny glass pearls onto a thick coat of glue. Sorry the picture doesn't do it enough justice because it's really beautiful.

Here are the two projects together:


Thank you for joining me today. I hope you like my two Sunflower projects - please let me know in a comment below.

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!












4 comments:

  1. They are really beautiful. I'm interested in the hidden gift card center with the glued-up jewel coat. Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hidden gift card center is actually a shaker card. The little star box has a glue up glitter center :-) Thanks Jodi :-)

    ReplyDelete