Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

JGW Nutcracker Patrol

Hello all! I-team member Sonja here. Today I bring you a Nutcracker solider from the JGW Nutcracker Patrol file.

Thinking back on a Christmas I faintly remember as a child, we were at a family friends house. She had a white baby grand piano and her house was decorated so magnificently that I for one reason or another always remembered her set of Nutcrackers!

So I thought I would make one! I also decided to not do a whole scene because I wanted the focus to be on all of his details.
 This guy stands about 14 inches tall. Under his beard is several gold buttons and an undershirt.
 What I love most about this soldier is that there is detail no matter which way he is turned.
There is opportunity to accent each piece as wanted. 

 I happened to have these button brads on hand which were great to use in the soldiers cuff links, tail, hat, and boots.

I wanted to keep the sword realistic so I kept it in the gold scheme and added two gold brads to accent it.
Even down to his hat where it is optional to put a chain. I didn't have a chain on hand, but I did have this gold ribbon that I felt was fitting.

The back of the soldier has one of my favorite pieces.
  The tail on this guy. I don't know why, but it is my favorite part!


















The little box that jets out from his back is the handle of a Nutcracker.
The tassels on his boots are just a little something I added to match the tassels on his shoulders.

Materials Used:
DCWV Cranberry Christmas stack
Image result for DCWV Cranberry Christmas stack
DCWV Hand-Painted Christmas stack
Image result for DCWV Hand-Painted Christmas stack
DCWV 11 x 17 Premium stack
Image result for dcwv 11x17 premium paper
SVG Attic JGW Nutcracker Patrol 
JGW Nutcracker Patrol
Silhouette Cameo
Craftwell eBrush
Sharpie Markers, gray
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue 
Recollection Button Brads and Gold Brads

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic version of that nutcracker! I love all the details on it too. You did an awesome job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this file! He looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja, he is incredible! Everything is so vibrant and perfectly matched or contrasted. I love the tassels on the boots. Just wonderfully created and presented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! It looks like it was made out of wood. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete