Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Christmas Dress

Hello all. Sonja with Sugar Bean Cards here with my latest project. Now one thing I find myself doing is taking two or more files and mashing them together to see what I can create. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have stopped trying to figure out how or why my brain works this way, but here we go.......

I took the newest Centerpiece Tray with Candles and Greenery Kit file and mixed it up with the Dressmakers 3D Mannequin file.



I had a very specific 'dress' design in mind so I modified the top of the dress to fit what I was thinking I wanted, a sweetheart neckline. 
Before I started to assemble the top, I ran the pieces through my Sizzix Big Shot to emboss some swirls on it just for fun.
Next I took some small rosettes and rolled them with my quill set.
I also used my longer quilling tool to roll the greens. The kit has middles that you can do this without a quilling tool, but it was quicker and easier for me to do it this way without the stem piece.
Next I assembled the greens on the skirt portion, starting from the bottom to top. 
I glued the rosettes to some twine I wrapped around the skirt and top just for a little decoration before assembling the side decoration piece which is downsized considerably.
 Final Project: 




Materials Used: 


FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.



10 comments: