Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Royal Guard Nutcracker

Recently a new movie, based on the ballet The Nutcracker, released and I saw it as the perfect opportunity to get to make the awesome Nutcracker 3D Figure from the Nutcracker Patrol kit.

As I sat down to decide colors and patterns of paper to use for him, I got the idea of making him in the image of the Danish Royal Guards. I also decided not to use patterned paper this time to make him as realistic as possible.

This is what I was somewhat going for:


And this is what I ended up with:


The Nutcracker is made from AC Cardstock in Rouge, Sapphire, Black and White and decorated with gold glitter paper and gold foil.

I used a bit of chenille on his hat, cut pieces of long haired faux fur for hair and beard and tied black scrap floss in his boots.

I added an extra ribbon to match the Royal Guard uniforms and added the small crown (found in the Silhouette Design Store design ID #9172 by Hero Arts) to establish the Royal connection.

And what is a soldier/guard without his sword?



Finally I added a tiny pop dot behind his nose for dimension.



I also made the Drummer Boy 3D Box from the same kit but altered it slightly:


This is made from AC Cardstock in Rouge, Latte and White and decorated with gold foil cardstock, blue and white twine along with a poinsettia flower from Prima.

I changed the panels to triangles to make it look more Danish and as a final touch.....


….I placed a Danish Flag on top (it's not glued down - it's one of many that my Mom made to sprinkle on a Birthday party table)

Now my first Christmas project is ready and just waiting to join the rest of the decorations, once I get it down from the attic and placed around the house - hoping for this weekend!

Thanks for joining me today - I hope you liked my version of the Nutcracker and drum - please let me know in a comment below.

New to SVG Attic?  Check out these awesome places!








14 comments:

  1. Wow Helle! You have done it again! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such an amazing job on your nutcracker, Helle! I love how close you got it to your Danish Royal Guards. The drum is wonderful too. Great tributes to your country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Beth :-) I'm quite pleased with it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely amazing!!! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great attention to detail Helle! Love how closely you got it to the Danish Royal Guards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbly envisioned, and masterfully executed (not one of my easier files to execute). So fun to see your details and modifications.

    ReplyDelete