Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Castle Tower turned into...


FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

Hello all. I-team member Sonja here with my newest inspiration. While thinking about my next project, a certain vision popped into my mind. I got on SnapDragon Snippets website to see if I could find what I wanted to do. After not finding it, I remembered that I have had the Castle Tower 3D Box file in my library for a year and haven't used it.
Original file 

With a few modifications to the top of it, I was able to make my vision happen. It took me about 2 full days to design and execute it all. Mainly because I kept changing my mind about the roof.

Tower portion: 


Rot Iron Fence: 
Just a few skinny rectangles, circles, and a pentagon for the fence topper was all it took to make the fence. I welded six fences to a hexagon with a smaller hexagon in the middle to accommodate the top tower room to allow a light in it.
Original Top Piece

Modified piece
Roof:
Keeping with the hexagon theme of the tower, I decided to do a hexagon shaped roof. I couldn't find any in my library so I set out to weld a six triangles together and play around with it until I got what I envisioned. 
 Final roof shape after welding and shaping
For the tower portion itself, I wanted to float in some slight color. The best way for this was with a gray sharpie and the Craftwell eBrush. I used Bazzill cardstock for this project because it's a really sturdy product and I didn't have to double up on walls or anything to hold its shape. 

After floating in a bit of color detail, I ran the tower walls, base, and steps I created through my Sizzix Big Shot with a Darice brick embossing folder

 Next, for the tower top I wanted to have the clear plastic just for extra detail. The best way I have found to adhere the plastic to paper is by using my Xyron Creative Station Lite® . 

For the steps, I simply took some rectangle boxes I had in my library, downsized them to what I needed, ran them through my Big Shot for the embossing, and dry brushed some ink on them to make the steps look aged.

Final Product: 
 Turn the light on...

These little lanterns are from the SVG Winter Wishes set. The lantern is much much larger than these little tykes. They are about the size of the tip of a pencil on this lighthouse.


I intentionally did not adhere the top to the tower so I had easy access to the tea light.


Products Used: 
FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.

10 comments:

  1. This is totally amazing, Sonja! I love that railing and those teeny tiny lamps on the front. Beautiful vision and execution of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning vision to imagine this and then to size and scale everything and add all your details. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonja, you are better woman than me. I would not have the patience to do all that and let's face it, mine would not look like that either. You rocked that file!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it took two days, some coffee, and lots of music to get all those little things together! Thank you Lisa!

      Delete
  4. All your projects are amazing. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete