Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

First Communion Cards with Beth

This year I have a niece and a nephew making their First Holy Communions.  I knew without a doubt that I wanted to use the card from the Full Of Grace set at SVG Attic for their cards.  It is gorgeous and meaningful, not to mention perfect for the occasion.
 I want to show you the pink card first.  It happens to be my favorite of the two even though they are so similar.
 Here is a closeup of the bottom part of the card where I wrapped embroidery floss around it, added a charm from the Christian Charms set.  I added glossy accents to the charm to make it more eye-catching.  The sentiment is one I printed from my computer and hand cut the banner.  Finally I added gold stickles dots on either side of the banner.
This is the blue card version.  The only difference is the shading on the background paper (The Luxury Stack by DCWV), the color of embroidery floss and the style of charm.
This charm is also from the Christian Charms set.  I just thought it was a little more masculine and when the set has that many to choose from, why not?
This is a close up of the chalice.  I embossed it with a damask embossing folder, rubbed versamark over the raised areas then used gold embossing powder on it.  Then I highlighted certain areas with a gold permanent marker.  I also used a lot of tan and brown chalk ink and some white gel pens to create dimension.
If you know anyone making their First Communion, I hope you will consider using these sets!  As you can see, it really makes a stunning card.

Have a wonderfully crafty day!

Beth
Beth's Beauties

No comments:

Post a Comment