Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

I-Team: Allie Gower

Hello Everyone!

My name is Allie Gower and I create happily in the Twin Cities in Minnesota, home to LOTS of snow, the Vikings, the Twins and the Mall of America! I live with daughter and twin kitties, not far from my son.

Born and Raised:

Born in Ohio, whisked away to New York, and then off to Oklahoma.

Places I've lived:

Do we have time for this? Here goes ... Ohio, New York, Oklahoma, Connecticut, Washington, D.C., Virginia, Texas, California, Florida, Minnesota. Don't ask me for my favorite, I love them all!

Style:

A little eclectic, a lot of color, some whimsy, lots of flowers, and tons of bling. I LOVE to create cards and gifts.

Proudly Designing for: 

SVG Attic, Samantha Walker, Die Cut Crazy Magazine, Imagine Crafts, Want2Scrap, Deco Art

My Blog: 

My Card Party - Cards, Gifts, Recipes, and more


Favorite Design:

Whatever I'm working on currently, is my favorite! Right now that's Easter. I had just gotten some fun new Summer papers from Echo Park that I was DYING to play with, and fortunately, polka dots are perfect ALL YEAR LONG.

I picked an SVG Attic Fall Kit - Autumn Splendor -  (yeah, I'm making my way through the seasons!) and played with the Bucket file and 3d Mums. I made two buckets... why not?

The first bucket I filled with crinkled paper grass and some adorable carrot eggs I found at my local dollar store. I reinforced the handles by cutting duplicates. I added a little more strength to the sides by nesting white panels behind the patterned paper. I filled the carrots with some Reese's Peanut Butter eggs and I was over the moon to have some leftovers. I polished those off! This bucket is for a friend's little man.



On my second bucket (fashioned the same way), I created 8 mums and matching leaves, and hot glued them to pen caps. I chose to attach them to the caps so if the pens wear out, they can be put on new pens. I made this for the bookkeeper's office at work, where they can never seem to hang on to their pens - these bloomin' pens will most definitely be returned now!

The centers are dotted with matching paper and punched with an Epiphany Crafts Punch. I used an Epiphany acrylic circle on top as well. The leaves were coated with Shimmer Texture Goosebumps and then inked with StazOn ink. This makes them shiny, a little more realistic, and a little more durable.



While I had this fun patterned paper out, I pulled out the SVG Attic Hop To It Kit and used the bunny head, eliminating the body and basket. Was it the Red Queen who was always threatening her subjects with "Off with his head" ??? I promise, it was painless!

I used the Offset feature in the my Silhouette Studio software to outline Bunny's head and ears. I  inked the edges and his ears with Radiant Neon Electric Coral ink. I doodled some accents with a Memento marker. I added whiskers with some craft wire sandwiched between two pieces of scrap paper and some hot glue. I think nobody will be pulling off his whiskers any time soon. I used a little Shimmer Texture Goosebumps on his nose - healthy rabbits have shiny noses, right?

I finished Bunny off with a bow - bits of twine tied together with a pretty little paper flower and matted him on some more patterned paper on a matching cardstock card base. This card is for my assigned patient in the Chemo Angel's program. I hope she likes it!


Don't be afraid to use seasonal kits all year long, or take bits and pieces from other kits and try something new. You might just be delighted!!!

I'm excited to meet all of you and share my obsession love of digital die cutting!

Thanks for joining us today.




Get these SVG Attic Kits here:

Project Supplies: Cardstock, Patterned Paper (Summer Fun from Echo Park), Craft Wire, Markers, Ink, Shimmer Texture Goosebumps, Twine, Flower (Wild Orchid Crafts), Adhesive
Project Tools: Silhouette Cameo, Designer Edition Software, Trimmer, Wire Cutters, Hot Glue Gun

5 comments:

  1. Great projects! Nice to get to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, welcome, welcome! I am so very excited to have you on our I-team! Your crafting experience and wonderful projects are always amazing and I can't wait to see what else you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I had to scraplift your bunny card idea! I needed one more Easter card so I made one like yours :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete