Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

G is for Gratitude: Apple Core Storage Box



Hello Crafters! Allie here from My Card Party sharing a new project with you today that's practical and fashionable.

I'm using the Couture line from Graphic 45. I love this line for its fun quotes, sewing and fashioned papers, and classic colors. I needed something to hold some every day crafting tools so I looked through the SVG Attic store to see what I could find.

I found the G is for Gratitude kit and thought the Apple Core looked a lot like a spool.

I cut the base out of yellow cardstock and assembled the base. I distressed the base with Claret StazOn and Peanut Brittle Luxe ink (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko) and a little bit of white paint. I sealed it up with some Shimmer Texture Goosebumps. I added the scroll liner cut from Couture paper and embellished with flowers and twine, some pins and bling. I tucked two of the cards from this paper line.

One card reads "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous" and the other reads "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." Both quotes are fantastic, and are by Coco Chanel, one of my favorite fashion designers of all time!

Get the kit to create this project here:

SVG Attic G is for Gratitude

Project Supplies: Cardstock, Patterned Paper (Couture from Graphic 45), Rhinestone Flourishes and Pins (Want2Scrap), Craft Wire, Ink, Shimmer Texture Goosebumps, Twine, Flower (Wild Orchid Crafts), Adhesive
Project Tools: Silhouette Cameo, Designer Edition Software, Trimmer, Wire Cutters, Hot Glue Gun


Thanks for joining us today. 
Why not try something different with one of the amazing kits at SVG ATTIC?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this project, Allie! Sewing was my first crafty love and anything sewing related speaks to my heart :) You did an amazing job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, this is great! I love the papers you used -- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and useful- my favorite combination!

    ReplyDelete