Pages

Friday, February 26, 2016

Spring is in the Air ~ with Cyndy G.

I know some of you are still getting snow but here in the South, the flowers are starting to bloom!  Today I decided to share a spring project and with Easter right around the corner - it's very early this year - it's time to start thinking spring.


The egg is the pineapple out of the JGW Tropical Haven kit.  I hinged the top with one of the decorative panels.  Instead of gluing the tab over the top of the egg, I glued it to the lid. The paper on the egg is from Graphic 45, Once Upon a Spring Time.  This is one of my favorite stacks!


The bird is from the SDS Home Tweet Home kit.  He is a little box.  I shrunk mine down to 2" so he would fit in the egg.  I just love how he turned out.  Thank you for stopping by today.

Do what inspires you,
Cyndy G.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How darling! I have no idea how you shrink those designs down and still get them to turn out perfect. Great job on the whole project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, what a beautiful way to gift wrap, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there any tutorials on how these go together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is. Jodi does very detailed instructions on her blog with a lot of pictures. The links are below.

      http://www.needlesnknowledge.blogspot.com/2013/07/3d-birdie-box-papercraft-tutorial.html

      http://needlesnknowledge.blogspot.com/2014/07/pineapple-aloha-3d-box-construction.html

      Delete
  4. Cyndy, this is FANTASTIC!! Absolutely adore this "pineapple" egg :)

    ReplyDelete