Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Mad Hatter's Mourner's Hat with a Twist?

Hello - I'm taking over the blog again this Sunday with more Halloween spookiness.

I really can't decided whether it's a Mad Hatter's Hat or a Mourner's Hat. It's definitely a hat!

I wanted to make the Mourner's Hat from the JGW Raven Quest kit this Halloween but as I progressed, the project changed due to my hyperactive brain. "I wonder if this can be done.....?" "Hmmmm can I do this…..?"

The answer: Yes! I did it. Presenting the Halloween Mad Hatter's Mourner's Hat with a twist:
The hat is made from AC Cardstock in Black and Charcoal and inked with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink in White.

I made the panels and the little shelves myself with the Silhouette Software. The Panels are embossed with a Bark patterned embossing folder from Darice.
I made small holes in the back of each shelf for the light to shine through.

I added a scratch mark in one of the panels and backed it with vellum - also for light to shine through. I found it in the Silhouette Design Store Design ID #118964 by Sophie Gallo.

Then I got busy decorating the hat with all sorts of nick nack Halloween style I could find in my stash.
The flowers are from Prima, several of the decor pieces are from Ideaology  and the gem swirls are from BoBunny.

I wrapped "Mummy Cloth" around the hat as a band and also around the bow.

One of the most awesome feature, is the Zombie Hand that holds the lantern. It's also from Ideaology and I love it to bits....It's so cool.

It's pretty creepy in the dark
So what do you think? Let me know in a comment below and I'll see you soon - thanks for joining me today.

New to SVG Attic?  Check out these awesome places!








10 comments:

  1. Whoa! This is way cool!! Great vision, Helle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth - too bad I can't get the videos I made to work on the blog - if you wanna see, I have them on my own blog :-)

      Delete
  2. No matter what you call it, it's just pure awesomeness! This is just so cool - I keep going back for one more look :-) Absolutely Spook-tacular!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind and sweet comment :-) Really made my day! :-)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful with over-the-top spookiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized that the hanging lantern is connected by a battery wire, and that it is a skeleton hand that has thrust through the side of the hat to hold it there. Pure genius!!!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha I just adjusted Tim Holtz idea a bit :-)

      Delete