Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Warning: Not for the faint of heart!

My last Halloween post - this year. Going out with a bang or maybe a kill….so to speak!

Ever since the Spring when SVG Attic released the Make a Splash kit, I knew what I wanted to do with the 3D Bath Tub.

Knowing my evil, crooked mind, you would too….MUAHAHAHAHA

Halloween of course - but what does a bath tub have to do with Halloween?

Setting the scene: A woman is taking a long hot bath in the tub/shower and is not seeing the figure coming into the room with a knife in the hand - Next thing….she is being stabbed to death and blood spills all over the tub and shower curtain.

Recognize this scene???? 

Yes it's the famous shower scene from the movie Psycho - only a little more graphic since it's in color.

I really had fun making this and it did take me a while as I had to figure out how to make the shower curtain.

Using my scout-day skills (LOL) I tied some hibachi skewers onto a metal ring and covered it all with black flourist tape.

Then I added the curtain which is made from vellum and folded here and there to give the impression of a hanging curtain.
The Tub is made from AC Cardstock in Ash and with patterned paper from DCWV's Spooky and Sparkly collection. I also used Silhouette Printable Silver Foil for the faucets. I created the top shower head myself out of the bottom faucet and some circles I stacked together.
I then painted the inside of the tub to make it all white and a tiny bit shiny. Once that was dry, I went to town with the blood splatter - using a brush and some red paint. The bloody handprint on the curtain is made from red vinyl.
The shower mat and the knife are both from the Silhouette Design Store (Knife: Design ID #116580 by Studio Ilustrado and Mat: Design ID #1565 by Silhouette)
I know this isn't for the faint of heart, but it was so much fun for me to make and to able to actually create an idea that just pops into my head, is fantastic.



I do hope you've enjoyed this bloody project and all the other Halloween projects I've made throughout the month. Thank you so much for joining me and my vivid imagination.



Now it's time to turn my attention towards something else.


New to SVG Attic?  Check out these awesome places!


18 comments:

  1. Lol! Oh my goodness this is so sick and freaking fantastic! So creative! Great job. This is right up there with the Carrie cake I made for Halloween one year. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooo a Carrie Cake :-O How cool! Thank you so much Melissa :-)

      Delete
  2. That is AWESOME!!!! Love your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just about as creepy as paper and glue can get!!!! You are a wizard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helle, I made the coach for my daughter for she is a horror film writer and last year I made her a haunted house but OMGOSH! This is absolutely FANTASTIC! She would go WILD over this! This is one of her favorite all time movies and she would die for me to make her something this wonderful! I might just have to TRY and copy this. Of course it wont be as great as yours! Do tell, I don't think you mentioned this unless I am missing it, What did you use for the shower curtain clips? Those are FANTASTIC! SO when I am ready my friend, you going to coach me ??? Anyway, Again, you just blow me away every time you do another project! Wonderful job Helle! Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool a job! Truly awesome! Well I just used some small clip ons that we call Crocodile beaks here in Denmark. I bet you know them but they go under a different name. Used for car batteries in a larger size. You just let me know - I'll coach you :-) Thank you so much Christi :-)

      Delete
  5. You are so creative. A true paper artist. Love this. you have saved the best for last.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Queen of Halloween strikes again! Can't get over how awesome this is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been behind in checking out all of the great Halloween makes this year, but this one takes the cake Helle. You've really outdone yourself with this bloody horror!!! Fan-freakin'-tastic!!!! You are the queen of creepy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww so happy you like it :-) Thank you so much Lee :-)

      Delete