Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Poison and Potion

Happy Sunday and YES! It's October….the month of Halloween - my favorite time of year.

I just love to decorate my house for Halloween. The kids are getting older and they don't care as much for Halloween as the Evil Queen of a Mother, but I don't care. I decorate for me and whom else that like it.

I also enjoy making the decor myself and find it especially fun to Halloweenify ordinary files into something creepy.

That's what I did with the following bottles: The 3D Love Potion Bottle from the JGW Cupids Aim kit, the Myrrh Bottle from the JGW Gifts for the King kit and the Love Potion Bottle:
For these spooky potion and poison bottles, I used AC Cardstock in Black, Plum, White and Apricot. 

All edges are inked with Distress Ink and White Chalk ink from Ingvild Bolme.

I made some panels for the large bottle embossed it with a Swirly Embossing folder from Sizzix.

I also made these bottles into luminaries. I cut some different shapes (from the Witches High Top Boot from the JGW Bewitched Botique kit, Scratch Marks Design ID #118964 in the Silhouette Design Store along with the Skull Design ID #20905) Then I glued vellum behind the cutouts and finally I decorated with gems and various trinkets from my stash.

I found some cool strings of LED lights designed for bottles and used these in the large and small bottle. For the medium bottle I dropped in a color shifting LED light.
Now they are part of my spooky Halloween decorations in my living room and the truth be told....I think the kids like them.

Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back soon with more spooky Halloween projects.



4 comments: