Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Too cute to spook

Helle's back! Halloween is my month and I'm about to show you something that I normally do not make - cute Halloween!

I just couldn't help myself - Jodi didn't make it easy for me….ha ha

Just look at this adorable Ghost 3D Cubic Luminary. Isn't it just the cutest?
I chose to make faces for the light to shine through on all 4 sides. There are 3 options that comes with the file but I took one of them and just turned the mouth around and voila - a 4th option.

The Lantern is made from Vanilla AC Cardstock and the faces are backed with golden Vellum.

I inked all edges with a light brown Distress Ink and made the handle with some gold wire from my stash.

Finally I tied some ribbons onto the handle as a final touch. 

But I didn't finish with this one - I had to make the cute Cat 3D Head Model with Rosette (left out the Rosette) on top of the Box 3D Ten Sided with Lid Doily.

We are cat lovers in our house with three fur babies and this one actually kind of looks like Quark - our huge grey Maine Coon.

It's made from AC Cardstock in Black, Apricot, Key Lime and White along with Bazzill Bling Cardstock in a dark grey and patterned paper from Tim Holtz.

I left out the tongue and wanted to make some fangs to make him look a bit more spooky, but it didn't work out so I left him like this. Looks like our lazy cat.

I used some black and white twine as whiskers and tied raffia around the neck with a bow.

Aren't they both cute. Just the thing for the kids

Thanks for joining me today - I'll be back soon!

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!

4 comments:

  1. Just adorably spooky projects. Love them! Your cat does look a bit serious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi - ha ha ha he kinda looks like my own Maine Coon - the biggest fraidy cat ever :-)

      Delete
  2. As always, you have gone above and beyond with your projects! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete