Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Spring Fling Kit: Not Just For Spring

Hello! Allie here from My Card Party sharing a SUMMER project I made using the pinwheel cutting file from the Spring Fling Kit.


And here's my "Summery" Wreath.

spring fling wreath

I resized the pinwheel so I could fit 8 on a page. Each pinwheel is two pieces, so at just under 3" each, you can fit 16 on a page.  For the wreath, I made an 11" circle that filled the page, and then cut a smaller 8.5" circle out of the center.  I chose a fun hot pink patterned paper so that when it showed, it offered a little pop of color.

spring fling wreath

My pinwheels are slightly flatter than the ones shown in the kit. I really wanted the yellow polka dots to pop a bit more.

spring fling wreath

To finish it off, I added bling, a tag, flowers and decorative brads to the center. The papers, tag and brads are from Echo Park's Summer Bliss Collection. The bling is trimmed bits of Silver Swirls Finesse from Want2Scrap. The pink and green flowers are new from Want2Scrap. The white flowers are from Wild Orchid.

spring fling wreath

Thanks for looking today. Take a look through all the SEASONS to find something you can use for your SUMMER projects.


9 comments:

  1. This wreath is so awesome! I can't get over how gorgeous it is! I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun and inexpensive to make, make one for ALL the seasons!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful wreath! Great colors for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Awesome Allie! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allie, I adore this! It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bright and cheerful projects like this. This is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this wreath. Just love it ♥

    ReplyDelete