Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Construction Hat and Truck with Beth

 Hi!  This is Beth from Beth's Beauties, and I have three young boys, so when I saw the construction sets that were recently released on SVG Attic, I knew I needed to have them :)  First up, I made a dump truck using the file from the Work Zone set.
 Guess what, the truck bed even lifts up :)  I inked around the window cuts and the details on the truck box with brown chalk to add visual interest.
 Of course, what fun is it if your child can't dress the part too, so I made this hard hat from SVG Attic's Construction Party Kit.  The patterned paper is from Oriental Trading's Boyz Paper Kit...super cute!
 Here is the hat and the truck together.
 Finally, I decided to make a plain hat using the bonus hat SVG that is included in the construction hat file from the Construction Party Kit.  (It is the same piece as the construction hat except it is without the holes for adding the crest piece, so it can be made to look like a plain cap).
Here are the two hats side by side.  FYI, if you cut the hats out in the size included in the file, it will fit the head of kids from ages 2-5.  You can resize the hat file larger if you want it to fit older kids.
Of course I couldn't help but include pictures of my 4.5 year old son modelling the hat :)
He really wanted me to make the truck to look like Chuck the dump truck, so I tried, and he really liked the end result.
On a side note, mark your calenders for this Saturday, June 7th...we are having a SVG Attic/Snapdragon Snippets blog hop that starts right here, on the SVG Attic blog!  Hope to see you then!

Have a wonderfully crafty day!

5 comments:

  1. So cute ..... the project is too :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dump truck and hats are adorable! Such a cute idea for boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, is this ever a cute project for a little boy! I love the dump truck and the fact it even lifts up to dump is so real...the hat is fabulous Beth! Great project:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. I love them both. Your son is adorable. What a great model he makes !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, Beth! Love the projects and the pics of your son!

    ReplyDelete