Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Autumn Wind

Nothing is more beautiful than Autumn - in my opinion anyways. I just love this season! The colors are amazing and astonishing, the light is so warm, sky blue, wind is cool and then there is the promise of cold snow….ahhhh can't wait!!!!

It is also the season for storms and lots of wind. The best time of year for the Wind Turbine industry at least here in Denmark and we have lots of Wind Turbines. My hubby works in the industry….so I know this is a busy time of year.

Now I don't have files for a Wind Turbine....at least not yet (*wink* *wink*) but Jodi made the most gorgeous Dutch Windmill this Spring (find it in the Dutch Treat Kit), and that is close enough. So I tied the two together - the season and the Mill and got a beautiful Autumn 3D Windmill:


I made this out of AC Cardstock in Coffee, Leaf, Wine and Apricot along with patterned paper from Prima "Amber Moon" - a gorgeous collection from last year.

I found it fairly simple to make and assemble but you have to follow the tutorial (found here) thoroughly as it's a complex but very genius construction.

I inked all the edges with distress ink from Ranger and chose to use hot glue for the attachment of the wing part.

Then I decorated with some small pumpkins from Ideaology and leaves from Prima along with a large Prima flower


I really love how versatile this Mill is - just ready to be decorated for whatever season or holiday.


This Mill actually went to a lady in the Netherlands - the Mother of my son's gamerfriend. I thought it very fitting to give it to her as a thank you for her welcoming Magnus into her home in February when we visited and for letting her son join Magnus and his Dad on a trip to Germany a couple of weeks ago, where they visited a Gamer Convention.


Ok - enough from me today. Hope you enjoyed it and please do leave me a small comment below. I love to hear from you.

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!



4 comments:

  1. This is so very charming, and makes me think of the many reasons I love Autumn, too. Your colors are so cheery and light, and I adore putting the tiny pumpkins on the deck level. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jodi. Pleases me that you like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color choices on this Helle, super cute may tag myself in this so I can try it when I get back from a rest. WhatsW this about you being banned on Facebook? Can't imagine why... Hugs, Sharalyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharalyn :-) Yeah I have no idea what I did wrong and FB won't respond to my appeals. Should be lifted today at 18.18 Danish Time. So ridiculous!

      Delete