Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Bewitched Cake Stand

Hello (waving enthusiastically) … just sneaking in today to show you a very fun project I've been working on this last week.

I got the idea from a friend who showed me this picture:

First I thought "corny" but then I kept thinking about it and wondering if it could be made in paper. And....yeah it could!

Roaming through files I found that SVG Attic had the right files for it, so I started building.

I wanted mine to be a Halloween inspired Cake Stand and I gathered the files I needed for this: The 3D Witches Boot from the JGW Bewitched Botique kit, the Sunflower 3D Cake Stand from the JGW Sunflower Sunshine kit and the Cats & Pumpkins Hollow Centers Wreath

I also made the Mini-Candy Cauldron also from the JGW Bewitched Botique kit to sit on top of the stand - I would have liked a cupcake but just didn't feel like baking.


This is how it turned out:


It's made from AC Cardstock in Leaf, Black, Melon, Grape, Carrot and Charcoal along with some Purple Pearl Paper, Gold Foiled Cardstock and patterned paper from Doodlebug's Collections "Boos and Brews" and "Booville"

I used the stem part from the Cake Stand to make the legs (just made it a bit longer) and added some glitter tape onto for striped socks. Inside the legs are two 3/4" dowels for support.

The top part of the cake stand is reinforced underneath with 4 platform shaped pieces and the legs are glued unto it with hot glue. I chose to use the Cat and Pumpkin Wreath to place on the top for a fun decoration.


The boots are downsized by 50% to fit the size of the Stand and the legs are glued into them also with hot glue. I added some glas stones into the boots for weight so the whole stand gets more sturdy.

I used twine, various Doodlebug sprinkles and the small patches etc. that comes along with the boots.


For the Cauldron I used gold foiled cardstock for the handle and chose to use the spider tag on which I doodled two small eyes and added a black gem.



Actually it's a pretty easy projects when you think about it - it's all about getting that idea. Thank you Sandy for providing me with it.


Thanks for joining me today - I really hope you like this wacky project. A fun centerpiece on the Halloween table or as decor in the living room….endless possibilities.

New to SVG Attic?  Check out these awesome places!



8 comments:

  1. Helle, this is simply OVER THE TOP! Those boots are not that quick to assemble, and you did TWO. I just love your imagination! Can't wait to see what other fun ideas you have - getting excited for Halloween now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jodi....Yeah I had a bit trouble with the boots - but it went well :-) My mind is totally tuned into Halloween now :-) Bring all you got - I'm so ready :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so AMAZING!! I absolutely love where you went with those files.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth :-) I just happy that I was able to pull it off :-)

      Delete
  4. That is so much fun, Helle! Well done!
    Kris P

    ReplyDelete
  5. O
    M
    G
    Love it! Need ...no.no MUST make one

    ReplyDelete