Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Fall Shakers

Hiya and happy Sunday :-)

Fall is here! Might not feel like it in some parts of the world, but the calendar says so. Soon the leaves will be dropping every where but first they'll turn with magnificent colors - Oh I can't wait!

To bring you in the mood, I made two cards. They were originally flat cards but I turned them into shakers. Just can't help that urge to make it a bit more challenging.

You'll find both cards in the JGW Harvest Wishes kit and the first one I played with, is the 3 Vintage Pumpkin Card:

For this card, I used AC Cardstock in Oregano, Butterscotch, Apricot and Rouge along with patterned paper from Carta Bella's Collection "Hello Fall"

It is very easy to make such a card into a shaker card if you own a Silhouette Cameo. You simply undo compound path on the pumpkins and make a internal offset of those shapes. You cut these shapes 5-6 times and layer them and glue this shape unto the back piece. Then you take your first made shapes and cut them in acetate. You layer the original pumpkin piece onto the acetate and glue it down. Now you find the glitter and confetti you want to use in the shaker and gently put it into the raised shape and close the pumpkin by gluing the top piece with the acetate onto the raised shape. Voila! 

I sure hope I made sense there!

Next I made (with the exact same procedure) the Leaf Flake Card:


For this I used AC Cardstock in Leaf, Apricot and Rouge along with the patterned paper from Carta Bella. The top panel of the card is cut in Rose Gold Foil Sticker paper (grrrr…..doesn't show well on the picture) and for both cards I used various glitters and glass beads from my stash along with confetti from Nuvo.



Hope you enjoyed my post today - Fall isn't over yet and neither am I, so look forward to more Fall projects from me.

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!












4 comments:

  1. These cards are lovely! I always like shaker cards. They add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm shaking I'm shaking…..now I've started a motion I can't stop again…. :-D

      Delete