Pages

Friday, October 26, 2018

Happy Holiday Poinsettias



Hello and welcome back, everyone! Lisa here from The Relativity of Paper.  Can you believe we are five days away from November? I decided to get a head start on Christmas starting with a card and gift box featuring these beautiful poinsettias from the JGW Poinsettia Passion Kit! I have to say that I love the poinsettias from this particular collection, they're easy to cut and assemble. I borrowed the box from the JGW Gone Fishing Kit.






You can find easy to follow tutorials on the Needles 'n' Knowledge Blog: Poinsettia Doily Frame Card and the Trout Jumping Gift Card Box



The card is a 6 x 6 card which is perfect for showing off that gorgeous poinsettia. I added Distress Oxide Ink to the flower petals in the color Aged Mahogany and Distress Oxide Ink in the color Forest Moss to the leaves. 


The box is 5 x 5 x 1.5 with a gift card insert and there's extra space underneath to add candy. This would be perfect for a co-worker who loves candles. A gift card to a candle shop and a small pack of votives. I assembled the box in less than 10 minutes, it's super simple. And I like to remind everyone about my favorite tip of using binder clips while assembling projects. It truly keeps your hands free and that keeps things moving along. 

The paper is My Mind's Eye -  Winterberry. It's so beautiful, I love the colors. I finished the center of the poinsettia with a Winterberry Enamel dot. 



As always, thanks for joining us! 
New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!
SnapDragon Snippets 




6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous looking project - <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful, Lisa! Those poinsettias are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely elegant! Wonderful selections and presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with this. Every time I see it, makes me excited for Christmas! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete