Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Christmas Truck

Hello all. Sonja with Sugar Bean Cards here with my latest project. I have been anxious to make this new 3D Classic Model Truck file. I just needed the time to make it. Well this is probably a first in the history of me being on the SVG Attic Inspiration Team for years, where I had to ask for an extension because I needed more time and didn't want to rush this.

Note, there are additions I made to this file that ARE NOT included in this file. They are personal additions so please don't expect to find it when you purchase said file!

After I cut out all my main pieces in Bazzill Cardstock's 'Robin Egg', I aged it with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink as well as some Teresa Collins Fiesty Red Pigment Ink.
 I decided my truck needed a seat. This is one of those additions that does not come with this file.
Even though I used a heavier cardstock, I still like to use my Teresa Collins Mega Runner by Xyron® to adhere the pieces to prevent warping.
For the smaller pieces, I used my 1.5" Sticker Maker from Xyron. 
The wood pieces I felt needed to be embossed using a We R' Memory Keepers wood grain embossing folder and my Sizzix Big Shot.
I also added the wood slats to the bed of the truck. I used a silver gel pen to color in the added 'screw holes'.
I took the same Walnut Stain ink and distressed the wood grain after embossing it. 
At this point, (the end of day 1, took me 3 days to do this much detailing) I was looking at the grill and thought you know what, I want those lights to sparkle. So I set out to customize my grill. 
At the end of day 2 I was so close, yet so far away. 
Day 3 I decided I needed to reinforce the bottom carriage with more cardstock simply because the battery pack I have in the cab was a bit too heavy for the carriage to handle.
At the end of day 3 I was running out of steam. I was going to cut a tree and wreath out in paper, but then I found these sprigs of greenery in a box downstairs. So I compromised and made what I could out of them!
Now, you cannot have a Christmas Truck without snow. And wouldn't you know that all THREE stores I went to were all out of the fake snow tex snow.
Pinterest to the rescue. I made my own fake snow with 1 1/2 cups baking soda, glitter, and 1/4 cup white hair conditioner. Glitter is optional, but not in this house. Especially with the husband standing there watching me make this. I added in more just for his benefit.

Final Project:


Yes, the lights are real light up lights. This is an addition, NOT included with this file!


 I had the best smelling snow this side of the Mississippi for sure.

 I made the trees removable so the detail of the bed can be seen.


 Even the running boards are wood engrained.

Phew now that was a task! Thank you so much for joining me today.



Materials Used: 

  • Paper:
    • Kraft brown for wood
    • Bazzill Cardstock
      • Robin Egg
      • Waxy Lips
      • Peanut Fudge
      • Fig Swirl
  • Die Cut Machine
    • Silhouette Cameo 3
    • Silhouette Studio-Designer Edition
  • Adhesive
  • SnapDragon/SVG Attic file ~Truck 3D Classic Model
    • Extras
      • Teresa Collins Fiesty Red ColorBox Pigment Ink
      • Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain
      • Sizzix Big Shot
      • We R Memory Keeper wood embossing folder
      • AC Elements Brads


FTC disclaimer: I received some of these products for free but was not compensated for writing this post. To view my complete disclaimer, click here.


35 comments:

  1. WOW! You did a stunning job at this! No wonder it took you a bit longer! Gosh…. I L O V E it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning creation! A labor of love for sure. The addition of the operating lights is fantastic ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes ... that appears to have been quite the undertaking. But the outcome is STUPENDOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, great truck and all those details. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying again to post that I love this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must have been a blogger issue b/c all of a sudden all of the comments popped up!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! A huge amount of work, but worth every minute of it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is amazing!! I so want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the goal! Thank you so much. Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly have taken this design to a new level. So I'm curious about the lights and how you built them up and make them light up. Also, love the snow - a throw back to a simpler time in my youth. This is the highlight of my Christmas season!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! I will message you on the lights situation when I get a moment!

      Delete
  10. Wow! You are very talented....very impressive...Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just WOW!! What an amazing project! I too am interested in how you did the lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just made little boxes to go behind the original light area. Inserted a battery operated light pack and lit it up! :)

      Delete
  12. I would love to add lights to mine also, would you mind telling me how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just made little boxes to go behind the original light area. Inserted a battery operated light pack and lit it up! :)

      Delete
  13. after seeing this I knew I had to make it for my hunny for Valentines day. I bought the file but am having a hard time with it. It locks up Cricut Design Space and Make the Cut is struggling with it. Did you have problems? Great job, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann I work with Silhouette so I am of no use when it comes to Cricut questions. Sorry

      Delete
    2. do you have any pull with SVG ATTic? Could you pass this concern along please?

      Delete
    3. Hi Ann. Your concern has been passed along to the designer. I do know that Cricut changes their software so often, it could have something to do with that.

      Delete
  14. I just came across this stunning truck. I would love to make one but when I click on the link it keeps saying "under maintenance. Is there any other way to purchase the cut file? Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SVG Attic store has been permanently closed. You can find the files to make this truck in the Silhouette Design Store https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/artists/17986

      Delete
  15. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!! Almost bought this file last year before Christmas, but couldn't decide between it, and a similar one, and finally decided that I probably didn't have enough time to make it, now I wish I would have bought it (since it was on sale), and I DID buy some of the cardstock to make it. However, now I wish I would have bought turquoise paper instead of red. Maybe I'll make one of each and give one away!

    ReplyDelete