Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Bells Will Be Ringing

Last Sunday I showed you some 3D Christmas ornaments I'd made and that kinda kick-started my brain to come up with some more.

I really enjoy making ornaments because I get to play with all my Christmas papers, get glitter all over the place and get to watch the beautiful ornament that I made on our Christmas Tree.

This Spring, SVG Attic released a kit called Liberty Lane and in this kit, you will find a 3D Liberty Bell Box that is perfect for 4th. of July but also for Christmas.


To make it into a Christmas Bell, I omitted the Yoke and used the panels without the crack.

I made two bells and they are downsized by 50%. I used the Bow 3D for Large Package that I also downsized by 50 % and the Sprigs from the Pine Sprigs Window A7 Card (also downsized but only slightly)

The Bells are hot glued together at an angle. I tied some gold twine onto the middle of the Bow and then added the Bow and Sprigs also with hot glue.

The Bells are made from AC Cardstock in Vanilla and Gold Glitter paper from Artemio. The Bow is made from patterned paper from Graphic 45's "St. Nicholas" and the Sprigs are made from green pearl paper.

Finally I also added two small gold Jinglebells at the bottom of the bells.

A very cute addition to my ornaments if I may say so myself.

Thanks for joining me on this 2nd. Sunday of Advent. I hope the rest of your day is filled with Christmas "hygge"

Happy Birthday Jodi!

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!




8 comments:

  1. This makes such a beautiful ornament! I love that you thought to make this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth - it was a very natural choice I think :-)

      Delete
  2. These make perfect ornaments, Helle! 😍 You’ll have to take a pic of your tree!
    Kris P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely. You know, of course, that I have my liberty bell on my workshop table trying to make this kind of thing happen, but without time to do it. And the next thing I see is your lovely project. Can you read my mind - or am I reading yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi :-) Ha ha ha I don't know - but some kind of mental connection is obviously in play ;-)

      Delete